I decided to change some of the words in the vocabulary using Voiceproc. When I tried to upload the .bin file using Comfigurator, it froze at 23% and then timed out with a failure message saying to try again. I did as instructed and it failed at exactly the same point. The keypad showed an error message saying there was no text data. I did as suggested in the Voiceproc manual and performed a sentence upload and that fixed the text problem but the keypad was speaking in garbled sentences
e.g. "No message" became "Option holiday", "Thank-you, goodbye" is "Seven zero alert" and "Welcome, security off" is "One security off."
I tried restoring back to the standard Myma39 vocab with identical results - it froze at 23% and the garbled sentences are exactly the same.
Looking at previous threads, I saw instances of similar failures which were resolved by downgrading/upgrading firmware but this did not work for me. Every time, it has onsistently failed at 23%.
Before I started this process, all firmware and software were on the latest versions.
I'd be grateful for any suggestions as to how to fix this.
Can you open Monitor I/O and do vocab upgrade
if it fails again please do Copy to clipboard and send it to email@example.com
also please let us have the serial number starting with Cxxxxxx or Pxxxxxx anywhere on the PCB
Good news! It took many, many, many attempts but after I managed to get as far as 50% on a couple of random occasions, I persevered. I finally managed to get to 50% twice in a row and then on the next attempt it went all the way to 100%.
It would appear from studying the i/o monitor that the upload always failed at points where Comfigurator sent a command to erase a block of flash memory which was ignored three times resulting in a time out. I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Comfigurator should pick up from where it left off in the event of a partial upload. After successfully writing the first and subsequently second blocks, it shouldn't have been necessary to start from scratch. I reckon that first 23% must have been needlessly written forty times or more!
I hope this is taken onboard because this was a deeply frustrating experience which wasted a whole day so I'm not sure as things stand I'll be tempted to modify the vocab again.
Last edited on Friday Feb 9th, 2018 09:01 pm by Craig Robins